Partridge Winter Series 2014/15

Moderator: Moderator

Partridge Winter Series 2014/15

Postby Brian Flynn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:05 am

We began our first match yesterday for the start of the Winter series. It was a little bit chilly first thing but tempereratures really moved up as the day moved on. Great to be involved once again and meet up with some of the lads from last year. Kev couldn't make the first match due to family commitments ( his wife said he had to stay home and make the beds ) :o :lol: We drafted in Robbie Evans to take his place. Anyway time for envelopes to be "snatched"....... I mean drawn and being "El Capitano" I went over, exercising my fingers making ready to get a firm grip on the envelope that I wanted. :( On opening the envelope the draw wasn't too kind to us.
Tony = peg 13 Marsh,
Ant = peg 164 Covey 6,
Me = peg 14 Ribbon,
Robbie = peg 119 Covey 5.
Off to our pegs and prepared for the match. Met up with the lads at the butty bar, we'd had a very good result considering my drawing hand let us down. Results are as follows ;-
Tony = 74lb. for 1st. (Super star)
Ant = 44lb. for 2nd. (Son of Super star)
Me = 24lb. for 3rd. (Friend and Captain to the above)
Robbie = 18lb. for 8th. (Should have expected that from an Orrell lad) :o :lol: :lol: (Ste Openshaw told us before the match it was a bad peg)
Not forgetting Kev, apparently he also washed the dishes, as the bath was full and also did the hoovering, so will be allowed to play out for the next one on 16th. November. :) Well done lads. :D
Brian Flynn
bilko

Re: Partridge Winter Series 2014/15

Postby mullic10 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:59 am

Well done good start to the series. 1st.,2nd and a 3rd is brilliant.
mullic10

Postby Jay The Childwall 1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:20 pm

how come Robbie evans fished it????????

and not the two who helped you out last year
GET ONTO VINE BAITS YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.
http://www.merseysideanglers.com/vinebaits.html
Jay The Childwall 1
mullered by neil

Postby Brian Flynn » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Jay The Childwall 1 wrote:how come Robbie evans fished it????????

and not the two who helped you out last year

Sorry Jay, it was a bit of a rush thing, Kev didn't inform me until Thursday afternoon that he couldn't make it, Robbie had phoned me on the Thursday morning asking where our club was, I told him that it was a home match (he's not over fussy with our lake) and that we were on Partridge, he was out on a limb looking for somewhere to fish as the Orrell only get once a fortnight. Previous to ringing Robbie I did phone Tony and as you know he was on his hols and had no reception on his phone. I can only apologise once again Jay, I should have given you first refusal. :oops: I can only promise to put you top of the list for the next one, if you still want. :)
P.s Robbie stood in the year before for us also. ;)
Brian Flynn
bilko

Postby colin pikey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:38 pm

i know its a bit off topic but i had a walk round pine a couple of months ago before an open match and i see the island has been taken out and the pegs have been removed is it now a stock pond or is it just getting a face lift :?:
Image Image Image
colin pikey
this could get ugly

Postby Brian Flynn » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:34 pm

It's been a stock pond for the last 2 years Col. Talking to one of the bailiffs last week and apparently they are proposing to open it up again in 2015 along with excavating another new lake in the existing car park location. :)
Brian Flynn
bilko

Postby colin pikey » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:46 pm

Brian Flynn wrote:It's been a stock pond for the last 2 years Col. Talking to one of the bailiffs last week and apparently they are proposing to open it up again in 2015 along with excavating another new lake in the existing car park location. :)
oooh sounds good :D
Image Image Image
colin pikey
this could get ugly

Return to match section 2014